Men of Integrity Retreat & Men’s Steak Night
Men of Integrity Retreat May 3-5 at
Sugar Pine Christian Camps
This will be a great time of worship, teaching, fellowship and healing. Youth boys welcome! Our very own Pastor Greg will be one of the speakers for the retreat.
If interested in attending, sign up
on Sunday morning. Check out a promo here.
Plan to also attend our 2nd annual Men’s Steak Night on Monday, May 6th. Guest speaker is Bob Vernon from LAPD.
April 2013 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the April 2013 Grace Community Church – Good News Guide
February 2013 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the February 2013 Church Newsletter
January 2013 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the January 2013 Grace Community Church Newsletter.
December 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the December 2012 Church Newsletter
November 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the November 2012 Good News Guide!
October 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the October 2012 Church Newsletter
September 2012 Good News Guide
Click here to read the September 2012 Good News Guide
July/August 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the July/August 2012 Good News Guide
June 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the June 2012 Good News Guide
May 2012 – Good News Guide
Click here to read the May 2012 Church Newsletter
Summer Camp 2012 – THE CALL –what’s stopping you?
Click here to read the Brochure!
When: June 9th – 13th; 2012
Where: Silver Spur Christian Camps – www.silverspur.com
Theme: Making Disciples (We’re called in Matthew 28:19 to make disciples. Are we answering that call? If not, what’s stopping us?)
Speaker: Sean Higgins from Marysville, Washington – Bio: http://www.tohuvabohu.org/author/ (My Youth Group and Sean’s Youth Group did things together growing up and we also went to Liberty University together. He was our speaker back in 2009 as well.)
Band: In Pursuit (Grace Youth Band)
Summer Camp Theme Description:
The Christian life is simple. It’s hard, but not complex. Christians follow Jesus. Our single responsibility includes watching and learning from Jesus, loving and worshipping Him, then submitting to and obeying everything He’s commanded.
Many times, however, Jesus is not the center of our life but a tangent. We confuse our weekly church attendance with having a good relationship with Him. Ironically, many good things intended to help us follow Christ can potentially distract us from Him. When we miss the heart of the Christian life – growing in our relationship with Him – we miss the fact that part of that growing his sharing our life in Him with others.
We’re to work on His behalf, under His authority, and for His kingdom. And what has He commanded us to do? Make Disciples! Though difficult our assignment is clear! Making a disciple involves teaching, modeling, steering, leading, escorting, and guiding. It requires time, energy, and commitment.
Making disciples means following Jesus by helping others follow Jesus. So where do we start and where do we go? In order to follow Jesus more closely we have to know what it takes to truly Make Disciples.
This is what we hope to accomplish at Summer Camp 2012-The Call!
Upcoming Events you don’t want to miss
Madera County Men of Integrity Retreat
Guest Speaker: Rick Countryman, Big Valley Grace, Modesto, CA
May 4, 5, & 6, 2012
Camp Sugar Pine
Click here for more information
Click here for registration information!
1st Annual Madera Men’s Steak Night
Monday, May 7th, Grace Community Church
17755 Road 26, Madera, CA
5:30 Appetizers; 6:30 Dinner
$10, Guest Speaker: Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer
Click here for more information
All For The Family – Begins with our meal at 5:30 and Bible Classes for all ages at 6:30 pm.
Our desire is to minister to the whole family with a variety of studies and activities that build upon God’s Word. For years, the emphasis on Wednesdays has been on children’s and youth ministries while providing Bible studies for men and women. In addition to our traditional AWANA and Youth ministries, “All For The Family” ministries consists of the following:
1. A Weekly Dinner at the Church. Each week a meal will be served between 5:30 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Donations will be accepted (and encouraged) to offset costs. We are currently creating teams for food preparation, set up, serving, and clean-up. We plan to have a team for each week with a respective team leader. If you participate, you can still attend a study group that evening. This is a great opportunity to meet new people and have fun while serving our church body and the community. We are grateful that Dexter and Janice Young will be overseeing all the teams. If you can be a part of a team, please complete the bulletin insert on Sunday, call the church office, or contact Dexter and Janice directly at 673-2356.
2010 – 2011 studies included…
2. Women’s Bible Study on the Book of Jeremiah. Robin Poythress will teach this precepts study, which is a continuation of her teaching through the Old Testament. The majestic character of God as most clearly seen in this prophetic book of the Bible will be presented. With each session, you will gain a better understanding about our wonderful Lord. The required notebook can be purchased at a reasonable cost.
3. “That The World May Know” Video Series. I (Randy Brannon) will be leading this series that was filmed in Israel and produced by Focus on the Family and Dr. James Dobson. You will be transported to the Old and New Testament lands as events of various passages are recounted by host Ray Vander Laan. This will familiarize you with Israel’s geography while getting a much better handle on God’s Word. Never has Israel’s legacy become so relevant to Christians, nor has a video series so vividly captured Israel’s unique heritage.
4. “Men’s Fraternity” Video Series. Geoff Tipton will lead this 24-part series which will provide an encouraging process for men to live a life of authentic manhood as modeled by Jesus Christ and directed by God’s Word. Men’s Fraternity is designed to bring men together to strengthen each other through weekly biblical teachings and small group interaction. These time-tested resources have been used all over the world to equip men to make the pursuit of noble manhood a life-long priority. The required study booklet can be purchased for $10.00.
5. Bible Basics Class – Learn the basics of the Christian Faith in a non-threatening environment.
The goal of the pastors and elders of Grace is to build stronger individuals, couples and families in the Lord and we believe “All For The Family” will help us accomplish this goal. Our prayer is that you will be a part of our Wednesday night ministries at Grace in some facet. We believe you will benefit from your participation, and your ministry to our church body and the community will be greatly enhanced.
May God bless you as you commit with us to make “All for the Family” everything that is pleasing to our Lord.
Questions: Call the office at 674-1172 or firstname.lastname@example.org